Healthy chocolate treats perfect for blood sugar balancing, weight maintenance & immunity. So easy to make!
Why these melt in your mouth chocolates will benefit your health:
Raw cocoa powder & raw cocoa nibs
As superfood full of antioxidants to boost your immune system over Christmas. A great source of magnesium - known as 'natures tranquilizer' a perfect calming agent to reduce stress and anxiety. Magnesium also efficiently lowers blood pressure.
Rich in protein and essential fats which is great for balancing blood sugar and reducing sugar cravings. A good source of vitamin E, an antioxidant vital for healthy skin.
100g coconut blossom nectar (use maple syrup if you are unable to source)
100g coconut oil
100g almond butter (either buy a jar or make your own by roasting almonds and blending/grinding)
50g raw cocoa powder
1tsp of vanilla extract
1 pinch Himalayan salt or sea salt
25g cocoa nibs
(all ingredients can be found at www.lilysoutternutrition.com shop page and can be ordered and delivered straight to your doorstep)
1) Sieve raw cocoa powder and throw all other ingredients into blender (apart from cocoa nibs).
2) Blend until a gooey chocolatey consistency.
3) Stir in cocoa nibs for a crunchy texture.
4) Use a spatula to scoop ingredients into a tray laid with baking paper.
5) Put in freezer for 30 mins, chop then serve. Depending on how small you cut your chocolate pieces you can make around 20 chocolate bites.
6) These little treat can be kept for about a month, please store in fridge.
Totally delicious - you'll never want to eat highly processed, high diary & refined sugar chocolate again!
Thank you, Lily x
Lily Soutter Bsc (Hons) Nutrition, Dip ION, mBANT, CNHC
Lily is a Nutritionist and weight loss expert providing one-to-one nutrition consultations for health optimisation. She has obtained a Food and Human Nutrition degree from Newcastle University and a Nutritional Therapy diploma from The Institute of Optimum Nutrition. Lily has an extensive knowledge of the science of food and health, which enables her to regularly write for The Daily Mail, The Independent, The Mirror, Women's Health, Marie Claire, Good Housekeeping and Cosmopolitan.
For one-to-one nutrition consultations:
07929 392166 email@example.com